This month I have hosted Karen Rose Smith, Madison Sevier, Karin Baine, Jinxie G, Summerita Rhayne, Rachel Thompson and now USA Today bestselling author Tara Taylor Quinn!
A warm welcome to Tara!
10 Things About Tara Taylor Quinn
1. I was excited when I googled ttq and found out that it’s an acronym for me!! Tara Taylor Quinn. I’m not kidding. Try it!
2. I am such a dog person that…there was a fire in a neighborhood not far from my home. I was telling my aunt about it. The entire house burned with the exception of the master bedroom closet which, ironically, was where the woman stored all of her most precious possessions, family photos, memorabilia, etc. The couple who lived there got out safely. And so did the dog. I called the dog by name. My aunt asked me the names of the couple. I didn’t know.
3. I don’t know how to relax. Just can’t slow my brain down. I can’t just watch TV, I have to be accomplishing something at the same time. I have afghans and tissue boxes, Christmas ornaments, a tree top angel, doilies and baby booties, wash cloths and scarves and coasters (just since January of this year) to prove it. I donate them all to the annual holiday boutique my mother runs. All of the proceeds go to children’s charities. Last year she raised more than $14,000 in one weekend.
4. My current furry friend – a five pound toy poodle who sits in my chair with me as I write – is named after my daughter and me. Taylor Marie.
5. I am addicted to Diet Coke and Frosted Mini-Wheats which I eat dry out of the box. No matter what city I’m in, I find a place to get my stash. I’ve looked for a Share A Diet Coke with Tara can or bottle but haven’t been able to find one yet.
6. I am a workaholic. I love writing, have always written, from the time I was six years old, and will commonly be at my desk seven days a week.
7. I am a domestic violence survivor who was lucky enough to get out early. I am a supporter of the National Domestic Violence Hotline, and currently have a series with Superromance, Where Secrets Are Safe, that is nine books and counting, has been on the Amazon bestseller list for 18 months, and revolves around a very unique women’s shelter that I created off the coast of California.
8. I am a Harlequin groupie, through and through. As a reader, and as a writer, I am as loyal as they come. You can find my seventy published Harlequin books listed at http://www.tarataylorquinn.com and follow book tour and contest giveaway information there, too!
9. I love heat. Ha ha, yeah that kind, but temperature, too. As in HOT weather. It’s 109 in Arizona today and while most people around me grumble and pray for fall when it cools down to the eighties and nineties, I am in heaven.
10. Friendship is vitally important to me. I don’t have a lot of friends as I tend to those I love with focus and depth, but I think having friends is vital to life, living and joy. It’s our friendships that sustain us. That give us strength, and sometimes the greatest joys, too. It’s tough being a writer and being alone all day every day so I created a Friendship board on Pinterest. It’s a group board. Anyone can ask to be added and Pin their own friendship pins. We currently have 1000 pinners and almost 5000 pins. It’s become a great comfort to me. A friend in and of itself as I’ve connected with strangers from around the world. We lift each other with good morning friend pins. Or friendship pins that make you smile just looking at them. https://www.pinterest.com/tarataylorquinn/friendship/
I've been at this writing gig for a long time. 70 published books can attest to that. I've been told that my books are deeply emotional and psychologically compelling looks at life. To me, they're just the way I co-exist with the voices in my head. I've appeared often on local and national TV including CBS Sunday Morning, and frequently fill guest speaker slots. I enjoy getting out and traveling, and I'm also very happy sitting alone for days at my computer living all kinds of different lives. I was honored to win the Reader's Choice Award and to final multiple times for the RWA RITA award.
I live life from my heart. I'm a wife, a mother, a survivor, an in-line skater, and a supporter of The National Domestic Violence Hotline. I am also a secret dog whisperer.
Where Secrets Are Safe... New Bestselling Series...
Coming in October...