February 15, 2022

#TirgearrTuesday

Q: What is your ideal Valentine's Day date?

A: A tour through the gardens of Versailles.

***

The trip to Versailles by metro went by quickly, having more to do with the conversation than the train's speed. Before long, Alina strolled through the famed gardens, enjoying the fall foliage. 

“It’s beautiful.” Her head swiveled as she tried to take it all in. “I must look like such a tourist.”

“Tourist or local, it is one of the most impressive gardens in the world.” Rylan looped his arm through hers. “And even more lovely to experience it with a beautiful woman.” 

“I don’t know if I should take anything you say seriously.” 

“I never say something I do not mean.” 

Alina blushed. “I’m not fishing for compliments.” 

“And that, my dear, makes you unique.” Clasping her hands to his chest, he took a dramatic pause. “Your beauty surrounds you like a majestic aura.” 

“I don’t know what to say.” 

“How about ‘thank you?’ I find that quite effective.” 

“Thank you.” 

“Shall we have lunch before touring the palace?” 

The suggestion of food inspired a loud growl from Alina’s stomach. “How mortifying. Yes, I think lunch is a grand idea. There’s a restaurant here?” 

“There is a lovely cafe at the palace.” 

“This place is massive.” 

“All the King Louis’ had grandiose taste.” 

“I’d say. Now, lead me to this caf . I might have slept in this morning and skipped breakfast.” 

Oh, mon Dieu. Had I known, I would have fed you much sooner.”

***




No comments:

Post a Comment