1. 2019 writing goals - polish and publish A Wizard's Choice (my nanowrimo book); complete some of my work-in-progresses; and write my fictionalized life story
2. Who are you? - I am kind
3. Your title page
4. Fav cover art
5. Nature setting - sunny, cloudless day on a sandy beach with the waves gently rolling toward the shore
6. Great opening line - Once upon a time - because that's how all fairy tales begin...
7. Writer food - coffee... it's a food, right?
8. Dialog - In a novel, I write it as I hear my character's say it, but writing it well—using it sparingly to move the story forward and identifying the speaker without overkill tags—is a challenge. In a chat story, dialog drives the whole story which has made me think differently about dialog.
9. Book quote
10. Your protagonist - from A Wizard's Choice, Kurtis Warde—an angry and conflicted wizard's apprentice
11. Writing advice
12. Fav classic
13. Fav book and why
A favourite for many reasons... including... "Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles." What else does a great story need?
14. Your writing life - inspiration and sacrifice
15. Where you write - anywhere and everywhere - especially my beautiful purple office and my outdoor family room
16. Why write?
17. Pet friends - my precious nine-pound wonder Buddy who is living with (as opposed to dying from) congestive heart failure
18. Great closing line - The End - where you expecting something a little more auspicious?