September 18, 2023

It's A Numbers Game

I started Maya's Musings in January 2014. I was a baby writer ticking the boxes on the "How To Be A Writer" guide. I don't actually think there's a definitive list, but maybe. At the time, and still to this day, "they" (whoever they are) say a writer needs a blog (and a website and a social media presence). Blogger offers a (free and) simple format. You can do all sorts of things here, but I only use it for my blog.

At the beginning of this year (in January, February, March, and one day in May), I had a human rights hearing. During the hearing, my blog (and the time I spent and compensation I received) was brought up. So, I made a chart. This data was correct as of February 7, 2023.


Managing a blog can be very time consuming so I learned to outsource the work (as much as possible) to guests and other author promotions. New content, minimal effort. I also (by 2019) started posting my Quote of the Week and #TirgearrTuesday pictures to my blog to maximize my potential audience. These were also cross-posted (via social media schedulers) to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

I don't make any money from my blog. Honestly, maybe I'm not technologically savvy enough to monetize it. And paying IT support seems like an unnecessary expense as my writing expenses already outweigh my book royalties.

Anyway, so aside from pointing out during the hearing that I have a blog and am losing so much money on my writing (thanks a lot, I feel so validated - not), my views have exploded! Maybe it's my employer and its team of industrious lawyers spying on me, but maybe it's new readers and fans. I like to believe the latter. And, seriously, if you are new to my work, I have six books out and I would love your support (aka please buy my book).

My posts see an average of 25 views. And this past month, like I said, my views have exploded!

Views - All-Time

Views - Last 30 days

And, surprisingly, the majority of these views are coming from Singapore!

Locations of Viewers - Last 30 days

So, welcome, my Singapore visitors! I am open to author interviews and visiting podcasts. Just email me. Or contact me via socials. I'm very interested to know why I am suddenly so popular in Southeast Asia. My last release, Designed by Destiny, was very popular in Australia. Anyway, it's super cool and I'm hyped about it.

I've loved reading and writing my whole life. And it's a privilege and an honor to share my interest with all you wonderful people out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment