August 23, 2019

One Question for Author Margie Church

Welcome to Maya's Musings, Margie. The summer series continues with our one question author interviews...

Question: Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?


Answer: I feel I really have to do both.   My rule of thumb is to write what I love and know that it might not be a blockbuster if it's not a hot genre. If I'm writing strictly for the market, I still have to love the genre to write a compelling story. I wrote gay romances and BDSM for several years. I really enjoyed that and I love those books. So did my readers. But tastes change, and so has the market. There are some writers who have created series after series of characters they love, in genres that sell well and feed readers who can't wait for more. That notion is always in my sights...like most authors, I'd love to quit my day job!


The Poet's Wife


Lily Holliway's life is shattered when her husband, Gabe, is killed in Afghanistan. A new job and dear friends aren't enough to ease her yearnings for the love she clings to. 
Gabe feels her grief so strongly that his spirit cannot leave the confines of this world. He can't rest in peace until he's sure Lily is going to be okay. In desperation, he reaches out to her using his special gift.
Finding the mysterious haiku makes Lily question her grip on reality. When she sees Gabe face-to-face, can she believe her eyes?
Lily must trust the only man she's ever loved to help her begin again.

Find my books here!

No comments:

Post a Comment