August 16, 2019

One Question for Author Elaine Dodge

Welcome back, Elaine. Elaine visited Maya's Musings in May for a book spotlight. She joins us today as part of our One Question Author Interviews series.

Question: What are two of your favorite book covers of all time? (Not your own.)

Answer:

It’s an intriguing question. After all, while we do theoretically judge a book by its cover, it’s the story we remember. There are some authors whose books I enjoy so much, I really don’t care what the cover is. Most of my favourite books in my bookcases are so old and worn out, many don’t have covers anymore! So there was no scanning them for you. So, online I went!

I realised, while looking for covers of books I love, that it’s clear I prefer the more illustrated cover. Unless it was a favourite TV series of mine and the main actors are on the cover, I’d rather imagine them than have them dictated to me by the cover designers – who, 9 times out of 10, have never read the book! I did find an intriguing cover for Gone With the Wind I’d never seen before but I must say I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment