April 11, 2014

The Quest for Greatness

I want to write a great book. I want to feel the awesome sense of accomplishment when I type the words "The End" which, ironically I don't use. But I don't want to be famous, although I would like to be published (a dream which will soon be a reality). I just want the intrinsic satisfaction of completion. The editing process for my new (first) book is well underway. I received my round three edits earlier this week and I've been concentrating my time on improving my work. Because I can rise to the challenge. I can write write a great book.

But I can't do it alone. I need the support of my family so I can dedicate the time necessary to work. And I rely heavily on my writing critique group and editors to catch what I don't and for encouragement when I doubt myself or procrastinate.

Apparently, procrastination is not good for your health - mental or physical. So, I have two choices, the way I see it, stop procrastinating for my health or . . . not. <heavy doom music> What can I say? The flair for the dramatic comes naturally. Probably why I love to write. It's an outlet for my creativity. An answer to the questions I ask. Whether its fantasy or reality, it can be fantastic. I know it can. And my book, when it's finally finished, will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment