August 14, 2015

10 Things About... @Jinxie_G

My last guest in the '10 Things About Me' series was Karin Baine. Thank you again, Karin, for sharing 10 facts about yourself!

Today, I am pleased to welcome NL "Jinxie" Gervasio who is best known for her sarcasm or swearing. It’s a toss-up. In addition to being an author, she is also the CEO of Just Ink Press, LLC, the amazing company who took a chance on me and published my debut novella Dream Hunter. 


10 Things About Jinxie G

1. I have a B.A. in English with studies in Criticism, Psychology, and Anthropology, and I work in Information Systems/Technology. Yeah, I haven’t quite figured it out myself, but I love my job, even though it completely drains me of energy at times. I answer IT calls for one of the largest school districts in the state with 11K employees and 70K students. The start of school each fall is something my four co-workers and I absolutely look forward to. Since school started yesterday, I’ll see you around Christmas.

2. I got into freelance editing after writing book reviews on Shannon Mayer’s Nevermore trilogy and commenting that they needed a good copy edit. I’ve been editing for her ever since and she keeps sending authors to me in hopes that I’ll be able to do this full time someday. Silly woman. My rates can be found under the “Editing” tab on my website. *winks*

3. I collect Funko Pop! characters...and minions. Someday, I will take over the world.

4. I’m a gamer. Like, seriously. Assassin’s Creed, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, etc. For real. Not big on first person shooter, though. I get motion sickness. I will not be taking over the world from a boat.

5. Sometimes, I work with celebrities. Yeah, like those people in movies. It’s pretty awesome and wonderful. I have no desire to ever have that level of fame, although the paycheck would be nice.

6. I hate marketing my own work; never been able to. No problem marketing others, though.

7. My brain is full of useless information and TV/movie quotes. If you don’t get my references, I will educate you. I’m so, so sorry.

8. I binge-watch a lot of TV these days, but then, who the hell doesn’t? Favorite shows include: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Orange is the New Black, and Lost Girl.

9. I’m not the person you want to sit next to when watching a movie, especially if said movie doesn’t completely pull me into the story line and have me totally enthralled. I have been known to throw sarcastic or otherwise comments out into the theatre ether. Like during Underworld...

KRAVEN: *after too-long pause* Mark my words...
ME: Oh. My. God. He did NOT just say that!
FIANCÉ: *groans*

10. I’m a 6-foot single (likely due to the above) Amazon who takes care of her mother, and who now has a Chihuahua after raising wolves and large breed dogs most of her life. Don’t. Ask. Said Chihuahua belongs to the mother. I swear. She doesn’t even like me….which is why she’s on my Instagram, of course.


I didn’t swear much in this, did I? Well, fucking hell.


Jinxie G is a creator and destroyer of worlds. She is both editor and author, and has discovered she’s quite good at the romance thing—writing it, that is—with vampires, werewolves, zombies, angels, and demons. She reviews books in her spare time, of which she rarely has any, and spends most of her time—when not working in the IT industry—chained to her laptop editing, gaming, or watching movies. But mostly editing.
Born on Friday the 13th, her dad wanted to call her Jinx; her mom said no. After 34 years, she discovered the nickname, and she’s grown quite attached to it, thereby choosing the moniker as her interwebz handle. She lives in Tempe, Arizona with Umi (her mother), whom she cares for. She enjoys riding her beach cruiser “The Betty” around downtown Tempe when it isn’t being used as a clothing rack, loves a good pub crawl on occasion, and has had the pleasure and the heartache of experiencing a love far greater than she could have ever imagined.
She welcomes you to her worlds.
Jinxie is the author of the Kick-Ass Girls Club series book Nemesis, and the Prophecy series books The Dracove and Gods & Vampyres, as well as co-author in anthologies Into the Darkness, Undead Uncensored, and The 434 Revolution.
You will find Jinxie in cyberspace at the following:

Thanks for joining me today, Jinxie! Your answers were fabulous and I'll help promote your work anytime! Next up... Summerita Rhayne on August 21...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for having me here today! This was fun! I should do these more often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me! You're welcome to visit anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete