August 1, 2014

Lost in Vegas this week...

On vacation again... And I just realized it's Friday. Amazing how you lose track of time while you are on the road. This vacation the whole family is enjoying the HOT weather in Las Vegas or what my five year-old calls it - lost Vegas. Not my first choice for a family vacation especially with two boys under the age of 5!!! Still the destination was pre-determined... A family wedding... So the whole family... Grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles are all here for the happy event. Which is tomorrow. This is a crazy time of month at my day job so we couldn't fly down until Wednesday and in the two and a half days we've been here, we've already been to The Strip twice and done many of the things I had on my list! Plus enjoyed the pool - have we ever enjoyed the pool! There is no better place to be when the sun is blazing down 100 degrees plus.

So it's a family wedding, but also a family reunion. My husband's brother is the lucky groom, his 3 daughters are here and we haven't seen them in over 9 years. It's been a fantastic visit so far - too short by a long shot - and hopefully it won't be another 9 years before we do this again!

Las Vegas. The likely setting for many a B-movie. We were planning this vacation and I just couldn't get National Lampoon out of my mind!!! Except with us in the starring roles. A young family of four with two small boys going to Sin City for a wedding with family we hadn't seen in years. There's a story in this... I can just feel it.

Since we've arrived, we have been in the pool, seen Hoover Dam, took our nieces to The Strip for dinner and a cirque du soleil show, and visited the sharks at Mandalay Bay. I would love to take my boys to Madame Tussauds and go for a gondola ride but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment