July 19, 2014

Vacation Brain

I'm visiting beautiful British Columbia this week and just realized it's Friday. So, this will be a quick, short and sweet post.

This is my first adventure without my husband and kids. I'm visiting a friend and her new baby so I've had plenty of opportunity to write!!! I'm excited to report I finally finished the first draft of my summer short story. It needs one more read through and a name. Then I can email it off. Once that story is safely in the email, I'll finally be able to get back to my WIP! Writing definitely takes time.

So I did something I don't usually do. I let my friend read my summer short. She liked it, thought it was good. I hope she wasn't just trying to be nice. I know. Confidence. It's just hard to share such a personal part of me with someone I know. I have no problem with strangers reading my work. Bizarre.

Tomorrow my plan is to finish edits on my summer short. I'd like to work on my WIP too, but that might be too ambitious. My flight home is Sunday morning. I miss my family, but it's been an awesome vacation.

Even if it gave me vacation brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment