January 1, 2014

Why I Write

I've been writing stories and poetry for years now; I always had a story to tell. Silly stories when I was a child; moody poetry when I was a teen; partially completed manuscripts as an adult. I was always scribbling ideas in notepads and starting stories, but I was never able to finish one. Until now. A couple of years ago, I found a Facebook group for writers. This interactive and supportive group inspired me to set a goal - actually complete a manuscript. That meant getting past the "this is stupid, no one will ever read this" point and trusting someone to provide honest critique. Once I had a completed manuscript, I set a new goal. Publication. It took time to match the right story to the right publisher, but on Christmas Day there was a contract in my inbox! A real live contract. It feels like a whole, new world now. I always had a story to tell, but now someone thinks other people will want to hear it.

Keep posted as I embark on this new journey . . . adventures in publishing!

2 comments: