January 4, 2014

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes



Cinderella said it best when she sang “a dream is a wish your heart makes.”

I dream of being a writer, but it’s a secret I haven’t told many people. (I would also love to be a voice in an animated movie!) I write every chance I get – it’s more an obsession than a hobby – when the kids are asleep and the chores are done. I can write anywhere - I’ll bring my laptop to the lake; sit in my backyard swing; curl up by the fireplace; put my feet up in my recliner. The stories flow, my fingers fly over the keys, and I watch the characters in my mind as vividly as a movie. Inspiration is everywhere. 

All my life, I found it much easier to express my feelings using the written word. I wrote short stories and poetry and composed songs throughout school. My dream was to write. Somewhere along the way, my dreams changed – became more practical? Maybe I grew up; maybe I thought I didn’t have what it takes. But the desire to create never left me.

I have a lot of dreams; some have come true – I have a wonderful husband and two amazing little boys – and some have yet to be realized (like my movie role). But I will never stop dreaming.

What are your dreams? Now is the time to make them happen; life is too short for regrets. Remember, “if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment